Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Swimming lessons day one

I discovered today that looks can be deceiving, . This boy looks happy to be going to swimming lessons, right?This was his first solo lesson - no mommy or daddy with him. We've been talking about it for a looooong time - that he'd go on his own and that G. and I would watch him from the window. He was totally happy - until he had to walk into the pool area by himself. He had a total meltdown. He could not stop crying. Eventually I took him out and calmed him down. Then we went back and he cuddled with me in the doorway. Soon, he sat at the side of the pool by himself. Then he got into the pool, but didn't go where the other kids were. Then he approached the other kids and instructors and even did a few of the activities they were doing. Then the class was over.
Here's hoping next week is a bit easier for him - and me!
Man parenting can be hard sometimes!

No comments:

Post a Comment