Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Potty day!!!!

So T. is learning to use the potty! He sat on it lots on the weekend, but no pee.
Yesterday his daycare provider put him in underwear and he went pee!!!!
So today I decided we would stay home, play games and stick close to the potty.
He drank one full cup of milk, a cup of juice and a half cup of milk and still hadn't gone!
THREE hours later, he told me he had to go - he sat and he went!!
I am so proud of him.
We'll see how he does from here, but he does seem to 'get it'.
Here are some of the things we've done today:
Baking cupcakes to take to S's house tomorrow to celebrate his birthday with his friends Making letters out of the Kerplunk sticks. He did these all by himself!
Playing this

And this...his first time and he totally cheated!

This is a fun game but it irritates me that it takes longer to set it up than it does to play it. Nevertheless we played it 4 times!

I am so glad I waited like I did with G. to potty train him. He is really ready for it now and we haven't had one power struggle over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment