Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Playing hooky

G. played hooky from camp today! Best decision of the week!
Before we left, we built this track and put the hot wheels cars on it.
If you had told me 15 years ago that I would be building car tracks and getting excited when the cars make it to the end, I wouldn't have believed you. But I am building those tracks - and I am getting excited - because these two boys make it so much fun! I cannot imagine spending the morning doing anything else!



After we let the cars ride on the track for a while, we headed to Safari. One of our most favourite places. It was a perfectly hot day today.
We started with some swinging...
Then of course we headed to the splash pad - it was HOT!



They look so grown up to me in this picture - slow down boys!!! You don't need to get any older than 7 and 3!
I love this one. Look at the pure joy on T's face. I wish I could bottle that up and take it out on a blah day.
Yes I know that T's towel says "GMF" and those are not his initials. Thankfully HE does not know that!
I think G. agrees that playing hooky was a great idea!



At the end of our time at Safari we had some treats.
How in the world did he get the ice cream that close to his eye?


It was a fabulous day. So happy that G. wanted to skip camp and hang out with us. There are only 3 weeks of summer left and I just want to squeeze every fun moment out of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment